Customer retention is vital for all airlines as they seek to encourage passengers to remain loyal when booking their next flights. However, with fierce competition in the sector, each airline must work hard to improve the flight experience of its passengers in order to build long-term relationships.
From movies and TV shows on flights to audio books and music, there are many options available for airlines that want to entertain their passengers. Here are 10 benefits for airlines that invest in a quality in-flight entertainment solution.
1. By providing passengers with an enjoyable in-flight experience, they are more likely to use your airline in the future. A good in-flight movie, for example, can go a long way to helping travelers enjoy their journey to the full.
2. In addition to being retold in the future, a happy traveler may also recommend your airline to friends, relatives or associates on their social network.
3. On the flip side, passengers can never use or recommend your airline again if their experience is negative. Poor in-flight entertainment could significantly contribute to low levels of satisfaction.
4. If a traveler is nervous flyers, an interesting and varied entertainment offer will help you dispel them from their concerns and enjoy the flight.
5. When flights are particularly long, passengers can become tired and restless. A good in-flight entertainment package, however, will help focus their attention and make flight time much shorter.
6. It is important to recognize that not all travelers want to have fun; some will want rest and relaxation during the flight. An excellent solution is pzizz, a new system designed to help passengers relax and sleep while flying.
7. In-flight entertainment, with its on-screen capabilities, can be an ideal environment for third-party advertisers and can help your airline maximize its revenue potential on board.
8. Your airline may also use on-screen capabilities to promote its range of duty-free goods, food and beverages to help drive sales.
9. Hiring passengers' headphones so they can enjoy in-flight entertainment can also be a useful source of revenue.
10. Airlines are already generating even more revenue by renting portable entertainment systems, such as the Sony PSP, that allow passengers to play in-flight games and watch movies and TV shows.
If you need entertaining in-flight solutions, the answer may be a movie package or a choice of in-flight games.