Whether you want to visit your family in Zimbabwe, this is a business meeting or just after a vacation to Victoria Falls, you would want to do it in the cheapest way possible, we all would, but if you have done your homework, you may not find a good deal on flights to Zimbabwe.
Here are some tips to help you book cheap flights for Zimbabwe and all other carriers flying to Zimbabwe:
1. Always book with a reliable travel agency instead of booking directly with Airlines, as almost all travel agents of airlines usually have the best deals, be it Air Zimbabwe, Ethiopian Airlines, Kenya Airways or another airline. Another advantage is that instead of
2. Ask your agent if the dates you want are close to every low season, eg. if you travel on Boxing Day to Harare in Air Zimbabwe, it will be cheaper than traveling on the 23rd. But even better, if you plan your trip around the second week of January, the season changes on January 14th.
3. If you are not sure when returning or departing for a long time, booking two ways will be much cheaper in Air Zimbabwe than returning a ticket.
4. If your agent says all flights are booked, ask them for alternate routes, especially through Johannesburg. You can take a cheap ride to Johannesburg and then take another flight to Harare or if you are really desperate you can also try a bus. But let me warn you that it's almost a 14 hour journey and don't choose this if you're traveling with children.
5. Some airlines include opt-in to your itinerary, which is not shown on your itinerary. Don't worry about them, but if you are, ask your agent to give you details.
6. Pack wisely for the trip. Ask for and double check your luggage when you call to confirm your flight before departure. Especially with Air Zim because their luggage is not standard all year round.
7. Don't keep up with rumors like "Debbie booked for £ 430 so I would get the same". Prices vary depending on the buildup of factors and when and how you book is one of the main factors.
8. Finally something straight from the horse's mouth. People are booking way earlier this year, so book early to get the best rates possible.
9. Contribution payments are getting older even though you may try your luck during the low season, but trying the same for the high season is a guarantee that you will end up paying more. So try to pay in full as soon as you see your deal.
10. When traveling with children, always choose Air Zimbabwe because they are the only direct flights to Harare, especially when you are the only adult in the group, as it can be difficult to handle both children and luggage.
More to come next week …